Wandering Eye Fish
The Wandering Eye Fish is a pre-Hardmode enemy that can be spawned by fishing in a Blood Moon. When the bobber dips and the player attempts to reel in a fish, a Wandering Eye Fish or a Zombie Merman has a chance to spawn within a few blocks of the bobber in place of a fish.
It is one of the few entities that can be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It has a similar appearance to Demon Eyes and Wandering Eyes, being named after the latter. Rather than severed nerves and blood vessels trailing from its rear, it sports red fins. It closely resembles The Fish of Cthulhu.
- The Sonar Potion will detect if a Blood Moon enemy is about to be hooked.
- Using the Chum Caster will greatly increase the chances of hooking Blood Moon enemies.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Wandering Eye Fish has high health and defense, moves very quickly, and doesn't take knockback, making it a challenging enemy for underpowered characters.
- It is recommended to avoid fishing in a Blood Moon while inside an enclosed space (like a building), as this may make escape difficult if you are caught off guard.
- One way to effectively fight the Wandering Eye Fish is to obtain a movement accessory such as a Cloud in a Bottle or Rocket Boots and make tight circles around the eye. Its top speed can easily outrun early-game players, but its turning radius is limited.
- The Wandering Eye Fish cannot open doors, although all zombies during a Blood Moon can. Summons can kill it from a safe distance while the player hides inside a house.
- Unlike most flying enemies, the Wandering Eye Fish can enter water, though it will still be slowed down when submerged.
- If the Wandering Eye Fish is afflicted with the confused debuff, it may fly away far enough to despawn unless the player chases it.
- A way to easily beat the Wandering Eye Fish relatively early in the game is to stomp it with a Slimy Saddle. Jumping on the Wandering Eye Fish with the saddle on will make it vertically lock on to you, and it will quickly melt its own health bar by ramming itself into the mount. Take care to avoid falling to your death if you miss a stomp.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bestiary entry for the Wandering Eye Fish: "For mysterious reasons, fish are known to mutate with other living things or even man-made objects. This one is especially violent."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.