War Axe of the Night
|Use time||30 Average|
- Internal Item ID: 45
The War Axe of the Night is an axe crafted from Demonite Bars. It is stronger than the Gold and Platinum Axes, but weaker than the Meteor Hamaxe. It has a Crimtane counterpart, the Blood Lust Cluster, which is stronger but also slightly slower. Like all axes, it is used to cut down Trees, Cacti and Giant Glowing Mushrooms.
Despite having a higher base damage and autoswing, its slow speed means that the maximum damage output is similar to manual-swing swords such as the Gold and Platinum Broadsword, and especially less than the Light's Bane.
Its best modifier is Light for harvesting purposes and Legendary for combat purposes.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The character will not turn around unless the swing animation stops. Hence while autoswinging they cannot turn around, even if they move in the opposite direction. Should a player be attacked from behind they must stop swinging the axe so they can turn around.
- When hitting an enemy behind you with the War Axe of the Night, the knockback will pull them toward you.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Damage increased from 18 to 20.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprite updated to match Desktop 126.96.36.199. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprite updated to match Desktop 188.8.131.52. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced with stats from Desktop 1.0.6.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced with stats from Desktop 1.0.6.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced with stats from Desktop 1.0.6.