|Damage||21 / 19 Magic|
|Knockback||0 (No Knockback)|
|Use time||11 Very Fast|
The Wasp Gun is a Hardmode magic weapon which is dropped by Plantera with a 1 in 7 (14.29%) or 1 in 6 (16.67%) chance. It fires 2-6 homing wasp projectiles that ricochet off surfaces, and the wasps home in on nearby enemies and deal damage to them. It is essentially an upgraded Hardmode version of the Bee Gun. Wasps deal no knockback.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like the bees of the Bee Gun, the wasps will dissipate upon contact with water and lava, but not honey.
- The wasps are not affected by the Hive Pack in any way. This is most likely because they are wasps, and the Hive Pack only affects bees.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It may not be very effective against Hardmode enemies due to the low per-wasp damage and high enemy defense, even though the gun is dropped by Plantera. This can be especially apparent when attempting to trigger the Spectre armor set bonus, which requires a minimum of 5 damage per hit to activate.
- Because of that (and the fact that the wasps pierce, triggering enemy invincibility) it is more useful to not spawn too many of them and switch to a different weapon after casting some.
- The Wasp Gun is highly effective for farming money with the Lucky Coin during events. The low per-hit damage results in a larger number of hits, netting more money overall.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Damage increased from 19 to 21.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Damage increased from 14 to 19.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.