From Terraria Wiki
mechanisms that change the color of all nearby Water. They can be activated via wire. There are currently 8 different obtainable Fountains, all of which are purchased from the Witch Doctor for 4 each. On the console and mobile versions, they are able to be purchased for free.
|Type||Furniture – Mechanism|
|Dimensions||2 wide × 4 high|
|Use time||14 Very Fast|
|Buy / Sell||4 () / 80 ()|
- Internal Tile ID: 207
There is a ninth fountain that remains unobtainable, as there is no item associated to it and only exists as a placed sprite.
|Common blue as in Forest, Ocean, etc.|
|Yellow as in Desert|
|Teal as in Jungle|
|Bright blue as in Snow biome|
|Purple as in The Corruption|
|Pink as in The Crimson|
|Magenta as in The Hallow|
|Red as during a Blood Moon|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Fountains work in priority from right to left. The furthest fountain to the right of a group of fountains will take priority over the water color of the overlapping affected areas.
- If using the Biome Hair Dye from the Stylist, your hair will change color to that of the Biome represented by the fountain.
- The effects of Fountains are purely cosmetic. They have no effect on Fishing, etc.
- Before 22.214.171.124, all Water Fountains were free.
- Water Fountains will not color Waterfall Blocks, or their respective wall.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The unobtainable fountain sprite in the game files resembles water found in the Underground and Caverns Biomes.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Water Fountains are now always sold, even if Plantera has not been defeated.
- Price increased from no value to 4 .
- All Water Fountains have new sprites.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Fixed the bug where the wiring system was not activating Doors, Music Boxes and Fountains properly.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Fixed tile sheet for Water Fountain to remove two bars that vanish when you turn them on. (Jungle/Snow biomes).
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.