We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
|Type||Furniture • Mechanism|
|Placeable||2 wide × 4 high|
|Use time||14 Very Fast|
|Buy||4 ( )|
|Sell||80 ( )|
- Internal Tile ID: 207
Water Fountains are mechanisms that change the color of all nearby Water. They can be activated via ⚷ Open / Activate, or via wire. There are currently 8 different obtainable Fountains, all of which are purchased from the Witch Doctor for 4 each at any time. On the Old-gen console version and , they are able to be purchased for free, but are only available after versionsPlantera has been defeated.
There is a ninth fountain that remains unobtainable, as there is unavailable from witch doctor or from plundering its said to be associated with underground it only exists as a placed sprite and will not function with third party applications.
|Template:Item infobox/tableView/itemArraycells-anchor-nolink||Common blue as in Forest, Ocean, etc.|
|Template:Item infobox/tableView/itemArraycells-anchor-nolink||Yellow as in Desert|
|Template:Item infobox/tableView/itemArraycells-anchor-nolink||Teal as in Jungle|
|Template:Item infobox/tableView/itemArraycells-anchor-nolink||Bright blue as in Snow biome|
|Template:Item infobox/tableView/itemArraycells-anchor-nolink||Purple as in The Corruption|
|Template:Item infobox/tableView/itemArraycells-anchor-nolink||Pink as in The Crimson|
|Template:Item infobox/tableView/itemArraycells-anchor-nolink||Magenta as in The Hallow|
|Template:Item infobox/tableView/itemArraycells-anchor-nolink||Red as during a Blood Moon|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Fountains work in priority from right to left. The furthest fountain to the right of a group of fountains will take priority over the water color of the overlapping affected areas.
- If using the Biome Hair Dye from the Stylist, your hair will change color to that of the biome represented by the fountain.
- The effects of Fountains are purely cosmetic. They have no effect on Fishing, etc.
- Before 22.214.171.124, all Water Fountains were free.
- Water Fountains will not color Waterfall Blocks, or their respective wall.
- Water Fountains will change the color of water when you are within about 100 blocks of the fountain.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The unobtainable fountain sprite in the game files resembles water found in the Underground and Caverns biomes.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Water Fountains are now always sold, even if Plantera has not been defeated.
- Price increased from no value to 4 .
- All Water Fountains have new sprites.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Fixed the bug where the wiring system was not activating Doors, Music Boxes and Fountains properly.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Fixed tile sheet for Water Fountain to remove two bars that vanish when you turn them on. (Jungle/Snow biomes).
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.