Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
Flask of Gold
|Use time||16 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Melee attacks make enemies drop more gold|
|Buff duration||20 minutes ( )|
15 minutes ( )
|Buff tooltip||Melee attacks make enemies drop more gold|
The Flask of Gold is a flask that increases the number of coins dropped by enemies. While under the influence of a Flask of Gold, melee attacks will inflict enemies with Midas, causing them to drop 10%-50% more coins.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Players under the imbue effect of Gold can maximize savings by utilizing this flask while hunting, and the Discount Card when making purchases from vendors.
- All enemies and bosses are affected by any melee weapon, including ranged weapons such as Boomerangs -- As long as it deals "Melee" damage, it will be applied to it no matter what the attack is. One can tell which ones will apply the effect by the glowing golden sparkles the weapons/projectiles will emit upon use.
- When using the Flairon, only the Flail applies the buff, but not the bubbles.
- The total cost of buying the Gold Dust is 17×5=85 silver (cost of bottle is negligible). So, even with the lowest benefit possible (10%), you would still get a return on investment if earning more than 8.5 gold (850 silver). Killing the Queen Bee once or any hardmode boss would suffice, but mass killing pre-Hardmode bosses may be very profitable too.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Buff duration increased from 15 to 20.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Fixed bug where Flask of Gold would apply Ichor debuff on enemies rather than Midas debuff.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.