- For a sortable list of every weapon in the game, see List of weapons. For class setup ideas, see Guide:Class setups.
Weapons are essential items used for combat against enemies, bosses, and even other players during PvP games. Some weapons can be crafted at a Work Bench or a Pre-Hardmode/Hardmode Anvil, while others can only be found in Chests, as enemy drops, or purchased from NPCs. Terraria has a wide variety of weapons and weapons classes, each suited to particular play styles or specific tasks.
- 1 Melee weapons
- 2 Ranged weapons
- 3 Magic weapons
- 4 Summon weapons
- 5 Throwing weapons
- 6 Other weapons
- 7 Notes
Swords[edit | edit source]
Swords are melee weapons which can be divided into 2 basic categories: Shortswords, and Broadswords. Shortswords have a very limited range and attack with a horizontal stabbing motion instead of an arc. Broadswords are swung overhead, which makes it easier to defeat flying and jumping enemies than shortswords.
Yoyos[edit | edit source]
Yoyos are melee weapons that are flail-like, and when thrown, seek after the player's cursor.
Spears are melee weapons that have decent range (somewhat better than swords), but attack using a stabbing motion (like a shortsword, except that spears can be aimed). Spears also have a good chance of hitting targets more than once, especially large enemies.
Boomerangs are melee weapons that come back to the player after being thrown. Together with Yoyos, they provide the earliest distance attacks that benefit from melee bonuses.
Flails are melee weapons that consist of an object linked to the player by a chain, which can either be thrown or fired. Thrown flails can be suspended around the player indefinitely, whereas launched flails immediately return to the player.
Other[edit | edit source]
These are Hardmode melee weapons that possess unique means of attack. Most also launch projectiles.
Bows[edit | edit source]
Guns[edit | edit source]
Launchers[edit | edit source]
Others[edit | edit source]
Note: The Confetti Gun, Slime Gun, and Water Gun are novelty weapons, causing no damage or knockback. The Confetti Gun is a consumable, and can only be used once. The Slime Gun and Water Gun cause purely aesthetic debuffs and cannot be placed on a Weapon Rack.
Wands[edit | edit source]
Magic Guns[edit | edit source]
Spell Tomes[edit | edit source]
Others[edit | edit source]
Summon weapons[edit | edit source]
Sentry Summon[edit | edit source]
Pre-Hardmode Throwing Weapons[edit | edit source]
Grenades[edit | edit source]
Other weapons[edit | edit source]
Placeable Weapons[edit | edit source]
Other Weapons[edit | edit source]
Unobtainable Weapons[edit | edit source]
Removed Weapons[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In total, there are 495 unique weapons (and damaging tools).
- If an enemy is under the effect of a constant-damaging or piercing attack, it will cause brief invulnerability to it, making blows that hit during this interval fail to inflict damage.
- Unlike most games, no matter how far an enemy is from the center of the blast radius, they always receive full damage from an AoE attack.
- While moving backward and auto-swinging a melee weapon, the weapon will seem to be swinging flipped. This is purely visual and does not affect combat in any way. This phenomenon has been observed in the Mobile version.