Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
- Internal Item ID: 3037
The Weather Radio is an informational accessory that displays the current weather and wind speed on the Surface, even if the player is in the Underground, Cavern, or Underworld layers. This accessory can be obtained from the Angler NPC as a 2.5% (1 in 40) / 3.3% (1 in 30)  chance reward for completing Fishing quests.
On the Desktop version, the Angler will not give you a Weather Radio as a reward if you already have one in your inventory or in any of your Portable Storages. However, if you have a Fisherman's Pocket Guide, Weather Radio, and Sextant (or at least one of the accessories crafted from them: the Fish Finder, PDA, or Cell Phone) in your inventories, he will be able to give you duplicate Weather Radios.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This content is transcluded from Informational Accessories/note. Unlike most accessories, informational accessories such as the Weather Radio do not need to be equipped in an accessory slot. The Weather Radio may be carried in the player's inventory without loss of functionality, unless equipped to a social slot. Additionally, the info it provides will be shared with nearby players of the same team in multiplayer. Keep in mind modifiers will no longer apply to the player when not equipped, however.
- If an event is happening, the Weather Radio will still display the weather.
- The Weather Radio will not display the Slime Rain event.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Angler quest reward chance increased.
- The Angler will no longer give you duplicate informational accessories, unless you already have all of them.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]