| Werewolf form.
- Not to be confused with the Moon Stone.
The Moon Charm is a Hardmode accessory that, when equipped during night time, turns the player into a werewolf, and applies the Werewolf buff. The item is a rare (1.67%) drop from the Werewolf enemy. The resulting werewolf looks slightly different in color than the enemy. Players with this item equipped during a full moon can still be attacked by other Werewolves.
The buff provides these bonuses:
- +2% Melee critical hit chance
- +5.1% Melee damage
- +5.1% Melee speed
- +5% Movement speed
- +3 Defense
- Slightly increased jump height and jump speed
- +0.5 HP regeneration per second (Like the Band of Regeneration)
- The Moon Charm is a reasonably good accessory for melee fighters. Non-melee characters shouldn't bother with it, though Mages and Rangers interested in the effects of the Neptune's Shell might consider using a Celestial Shell (which combines the effects of the Moon Charm with the Merfolk transformation, and grants the Celestial Stone benefits) or a Moon Shell instead (which combines the effects of the Moon Charm with the Merfolk transformation, without the Celestial Stone benefits) if they want the aesthetics that come from the charm while gaining some level of usefulness from it.
- The Moon Charm is very useful when fighting bosses as most bosses can only be summoned during the night. This means that you gain all the benefits of the accessory throughout the entire fight.
- The Merfolk buff (granted by Neptune's Shell) overrides the Werewolf buff, replacing the graphics and cancelling the bonuses granted by the Moon Charm during nighttime.
- Armor will be hidden while the Werewolf buff is active, but will still grant its effects. Accessories will remain visible. Dyes also affect the werewolf's fur color.
- Equipping the Moon Charm in a Social Equipment slot will give you the appearance of a werewolf any time, including during the day, but you will not receive the buff.
- Equipping the Moon Charm in a hidden equipment slot will prevent the visual effect.
- 188.8.131.52: Can now hide the Moon Charm's werewolf transformation, or equip the charm to a Vanity slot for purely aesthetic transformations.
- 1.2.3: Fixed issue where merman / werewolf transforms are visible when you're invisible.
- 1.2: Overall boost to effects, also triggers every night instead of just full moons.