|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Damage||70 / 140|
|Max Life||350 / 700|
|KB Resist||60% / 64%|
|Debuff duration||45 seconds / 90 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Cannot regenerate life|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- 1% / 2%
- Internal NPC ID: 104
- This article is about the Werewolf enemy. For the buff of the same name, see Werewolf (buff).
The Werewolf is a Hardmode enemy that only spawns at night while a full moon is active, during which it is as common as Zombie. Werewolves can open doors and have a 12.5% chance to inflict the Bleeding debuff.
At close range, Werewolves attack the player by leaping or lunging, closing distances quickly to catch unwary players off-guard.
The Werewolf can drop the Moon Charm, which allows the player to transform into a werewolf at night.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Werewolf has a chance to drop the Adhesive Bandage, which grants immunity to the Bleeding debuff.
- If forced to go through a 2 block high space, it will stand with its arms down for a few seconds and then move away from the player.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The nights on which Werewolves will spawn can be tracked through the items that certain NPCs sell, as the Painter sells paintings based on the moon phase, and the Clothier will sell unique items specifically during a full moon. The inventories of the Dye Trader and Skeleton Merchant will also have unique items, though a Sextant or derived informational item provides this same information much more directly.
- If a Blood Moon and full moon coincide, Werewolves will spawn with increased frequency.
- Using a Water Candle or Battle Potion can be useful for farming the Moon Shell and later the Celestial Shell.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In common lore, the main weakness of werewolves is silver (e.g., silver bullets), but silver items in Terraria offer no particular benefit in dealing with them.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Health reduced from 400 to 350, defense reduced from 40 to 38.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Now has a chance to drop Werewolf Banner.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.