- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Internal NPC ID: 594
The Windy Balloon is a flying enemy which appears during Windy Day. While the enemy itself does not do damage, a Green, Blue, Purple Slime, or rarely a Pinky will always be attached to it that will do damage, both while flying and after the balloon is popped. The balloon will pop if the player hits it or gets too close to the balloon.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The slime attached to the windy balloon holds any items on the drop table, appearing inside the slime like bonus drops. Destroying the balloon does not give the player the item.
- The Windy Balloon has no banner and kill count; killing the slime it carries only progresses the banner/kill count for the slime itself. Popping the balloon does not cause the Tally Counter to change, however, it is required in order to progress the Bestiary's information, as the Bestiary uses a separate kill counter.
- If the player kills the slime tied to the windy balloon, the balloon will proceed to zip upward very quickly.
- Its movement always follows the direction of the wind. Additionally, its spawning behavior seems to correlate with wind direction as well (i.e. if the wind blows west, more Windy Balloons will spawn from the left side rather than the right side, and vice versa).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Windy Balloon, Truffle Worm, and Prismatic Lacewing are the only entities classified as an "enemy" that otherwise deal absolutely no damage to the player.
- The Bestiary entry for the Windy Balloon: "Some enterprising slimes ride wind currents with balloons in an effort to find food. Pop their balloons to bring them back down to earth."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.