|It has been suggested that this article or section be merged with Rain.|
Reason: "The articles are about weather-related events and thus should fall under a greater 'Weather' page."
Windy Days are an event that occur when wind speed reaches 20 mph. The event will stop when wind speed decreases to 16 mph or lower. The wind can either come from the left or the right, making background objects like trees, vines, plants, banners and lanterns sway in the direction it's heading. During this event, ladybugs spawn in towns.
Windy Days have some unique enemies, such as slimes drifting on balloons and dandelions spitting seeds downwind. During the event certain enemies have a chance to drop Kites and the Merchant will sell the Pin Wheel.
Content[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The "proper" Windy Day event occurs only when the time is between 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM. Enemies and critters associated with the event only spawns, and the associated music only plays, during this time period. However, enemies that can drop kites can still drop them regardless of time, so long as the wind speed is 20 mph or higher.
- The Windy Day music only plays in the Forest and Hallow biomes. It will override the "Town (Day)" theme if the town is located in those biomes, but not anywhere else.
- NPCs have special dialog during Windy Days.
- If rain occurs at the same time as a Windy Day, it will result in a Thunderstorm.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Windy Balloons and lost kites can be seen occasionally in the background during the event.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.