|It has been suggested that this article or section be merged with Rain.|
Reason: "The articles are about weather-related events and thus should fall under a greater 'Weather' page."
“The wind blows with the leaves, the leaves blow with the wind.
Windy Days are an event that occur when wind speed reaches 20 mph. The event will stop when wind speed decreases to 16 mph or lower. The wind can either come from the left or the right, making background objects like trees, vines, plants, banners and lanterns sway in the direction it's heading. During this event ladybugs spawns in towns.
Windy Days have some unique enemies, such as slimes drifting on balloons and dandelions spitting seeds at the wind's direction. During the event certain enemies have a chance to drop Kites and the Merchant will sell the Pin Wheel.
Content[edit | edit source]
Music[edit | edit source]
This music track plays while a Windy Day is ongoing. Like most other tracks, it can be recorded with Music Boxes. When Otherworldly music is enabled, the music will not change from what would normally play.
|Windy Day||Music Box
|A perky, cheerful, whimsical track, inspired by Winnie the Pooh. It includes instruments such as music box, castanets and a tambourine, and is one of the few tracks in the game to not be in 4 /4 time, rather it is in 3/4.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The "proper" Windy Day event occurs only when the time is between 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM. Enemies and critters associated with the event only spawns, and the associated music only plays, during this time period. However, enemies that can drop kites can still drop them regardless of time, so long as the wind speed is 20 mph or higher.
- The Windy Day music only plays in the Forest biome. It will override the "Town (Day)" theme if the town is located in that biome, but not anywhere else.
- NPCs have special dialog during Windy Days.
- If rain occurs at the same time as a Windy Day, it will result in a Thunderstorm.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Windy Balloons and lost kites can be seen occasionally in the background during the event.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.