Wisp in a Bottle
|Buff tooltip||A wisp is following you|
The Wisp can be controlled using the movement keys.
The Wisp in a Bottle is a Hardmode, post-Plantera Light Pet item used to summon a light-providing Wisp that follows the player. While active, it is similar to the Flickerwick. The Wisp is brighter and keeps better pace with the player than other Light Pets, except the Suspicious Looking Tentacle which has the same light radius. It moves in accordance with the direction keys the player is pressing. The Wisps' movement range appears to be about 7 tiles to the left, right, and below the player's hitbox and 7 tiles above the Wisp's normal starting position.
The Wisp in a Bottle has a 0.25% / 0.375% (1/400 / 1/267) chance to drop from Blue Armored Bones, Hell Armored Bones, and Rusty Armored Bones.
- The Wisp will often remain deep within the blocks ahead, causing the immediate area around your character to remain dark. To negate this effect, stand still and the Wisp should return.
- Using ↷ Jump will not direct the Wisp upward, and falling will not direct it downward. You must use the ▲ Up or ▼ Down keys, respectively.
- When the player is far ahead, the Wisp will spin to catch up to the player, giving off less light.
- The Wisp moves at 26 mph when not spinning, and 61 mph when spinning. The latter is equal to the Unicorn Mount's top speed.
- On the Console version and Mobile version, the Wisp is controlled with the right joystick and both joysticks, respectively.
- Dye applied to the Wisp does not change the amount or color of light emitted, even if the Wisp is made invisible.
- The Wisp appears to be a flaming skull.
- Wisp refers to Will-o'-the-wisps, mythological ghost lights reported to lead travelers to their death in swamps.