Wooden Arrows are the weakest arrows in the game. They can be used as ammunition for all types of bows and are also the base of the crafting recipes for several more powerful arrow types. A fired Wooden Arrow has a 50% chance of being recoverable after hitting an enemy or a block (only when shot from a weapon that fires one arrow at a time).
When shot with certain bows, regular Wooden Arrows will transform into another special projectile (such as the Molten Fury, which will transform them into a version of Flaming Arrows).
Wooden Arrows can be obtained in many ways. They can be crafted, found in pots and chests, dropped by Pincushion Zombies, and can be purchased from the Merchant for 5 each. They can also be purchased from the Skeleton Merchant for 5 during Moon phases 3, 4, 7, and 8.
- Wooden Arrows lose utility early on as better arrows become available, but they remain a considerably cheaper and more accessible alternative for bows that convert shots into special arrows, such as the Marrow, Ice Bow and Sharanga , as these gain no benefit from the special properties of more expensive ammo types.
- Darts from a Dart Trap bear a similar resemblance to Wooden Arrows.
- Amount gained in crafting increased from 5 to 25.
- Damage increased from 4 to 5.
- Sell price reduced from 2 to 1 .
- Added Endless Quiver.
- 1.2: Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- 1.1: Amount gained in crafting increased from 3 to 5.