|Damage||5 / 4 (Ranged)|
|Knockback||2 (Very weak)|
- Wooden Arrow (friendly)
|Wooden Arrows are only sold by the Skeleton Merchant during these moon phases.|
Wooden Arrows are the most basic type of arrow. They can be used as ammunition for all types of bows and are also the base of the crafting recipes for several more powerful arrow types. Wooden Arrows can be crafted, found in Pots and chests, dropped by Pincushion Zombies, and can be purchased from the Merchant for 5 each. They can also be purchased from the Skeleton Merchant for 5 during moon phases 3, 4, 7, and 8.
When shot with certain bows, regular Wooden Arrows will transform into another special projectile (such as the Molten Fury, which will transform them into a version of Flaming Arrows). Some other bows, such as the Pulse Bow, convert any type of arrow to their special variant.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
|Flaming Arrow (10) ( )||By Hand|
|Flaming Arrow (5) ( )|
|Frostburn Arrow (10) ( )|
|Frostburn Arrow (5) ( )|
|Jester's Arrow (20) ( )|
|Jester's Arrow (10) ( )|
|Endless Quiver||Crystal Ball|
|Hellfire Arrow (100) ( )||Iron Anvil|
|Hellfire Arrow (25) ( )|
|Unholy Arrow (5)|
|Cursed Arrow (150) ( )||Mythril Anvil|
|Cursed Arrow (35) ( )|
|Holy Arrow (200) ( )|
|Holy Arrow (45) ( )|
|Ichor Arrow (150) ( )|
|Ichor Arrow (35) ( )|
|Venom Arrow (35)|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Wooden Arrows lose utility early on as better arrows become available, but they remain a considerably cheaper and more accessible alternative for bows that convert shots into special arrows, such as the Marrow, Ice Bow and Sharanga , as these gain no benefit from the special properties of more expensive ammo types. In Hardmode, the Endless Quiver may be a better alternative.
- Wooden Arrows should be upgraded to Flaming Arrows or Frostburn Arrows, as that does not require a lot of resources but greatly increases their usefulness.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The darts fired from a Dart Trap bear a strong resemblance to Wooden Arrows.
- Along with Heart Arrows, Wooden Arrows deal the lowest amount of damage of all types of arrows.
- In the beta version of Terraria, Wooden Arrows could not be crafted. Instead, they could be found in pots and chests, or purchased from the Merchant for 10 each.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Amount gained in crafting increased from 5 to 25.
- Damage increased from 4 to 5.
- Sell value reduced from 2 to 1.
- Added Endless Quiver.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- Desktop 1.1: Amount gained in crafting increased from 3 to 5.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]