|Placeable||(2 wide × 2 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip|| Right click to open /|
L2 to open () /
LT to open () /
Double tap to open /
Use to open
The Wooden Crate is the lowest tier of standard Crate in pre-Hardmode, having the least value if sold directly. Like other crates, it is obtained by fishing. While a Wooden Crate nominally offers the least valuable rewards, it is the only crate tier which drops ores . As such, it is one of the few sources for "alternate" pre-Hardmode ores. Its Hardmode counterpart is the Pearlwood Crate.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Wooden Crates are able to drop rare items from Surface and Underground Wooden Chests, making those items renewable. However, none of the early-game weapons, such as the Blowpipe or the Wooden Boomerang, can be obtained from Wooden Crates.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Pre-1.4, it was beneficial to fish for crates pre-hardmode while saving them for hardmode to get the hardmode ores without breaking any Altars. This had the added benefit of not spawning random Ebonstone/Crimstone or Pearlstone in the world with each altar broken. In 22.214.171.124, crates fished pre-hardmode no longer drop hardmode items even after the Wall of Flesh has been defeated.
- With 126.96.36.199, the ores were separated to hardmode crates, making this tactic useless.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Now placeable. Added Radar, Sailfish Boots, Tsunami in a Bottle, Enchanted Sundial, and Guide to Plant Fiber Cordage.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Now placeable. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Now placeable. ()
- Console 1.07: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Now placeable.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.