Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Wooden Spikes are a type of trap block that damage players who come in contact with it. They are the upgrade of regular, metal Spikes, and, despite their name and appearance suggesting that they are made of a weaker material, they deal more damage than the metal variant; players that touch Wooden Spikes take 60 / 80 damage. Found in the Jungle Temple, they can be broken with any drill or pickaxe ( like other types of traps), unlike the Lihzahrd Bricks found around them, which require a Picksaw or stronger mining tool to break. This is the only way to obtain them, as they are not craftable.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Lihzahrd Altar can spawn on top of Wooden Spikes.
- Wooden Spikes turn bright red when the Dangersense buff is active.
- Wooden Spikes will deal damage to a player if any part of the player is in contact with them.
- Just like Spikes, Wooden Spikes only damage players, and as such are unsuitable for base defense outside of PvP.
- Wooden Spikes deal the same base amount of damage in all modes. Since defense is more efficient in Expert and Master Mode, the player will almost always receive less damage from Wooden Spikes than in Normal Mode.
- Wooden Spikes are valid walls for NPC housing.
- Spikes do not damage enemy NPCs.
- The Bleeding debuff that Wooden Spikes inflict on the Desktop version can be negated by equipping an Adhesive Bandage or any of its upgrades.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Damage increased from 60 to 80, and now inflicts the Bleeding debuff.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Placed sprite updated. Old sprite was .
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Spike damage is kept separate from other damage when factoring immunity, preventing abuse of invincibility frames.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.