Wooden Spikes are a type of trap block that damages players who come in contact with it. They are the upgrade of regular, metal Spikes, and, despite their name and appearance suggesting that they are made of a weaker material, they deal more damage than the metal variant; players that touch Wooden Spikes take 60 base damage. Found in the Jungle Temple, they can be broken with any drill or pickaxe, like other types of traps, but unlike the Lihzahrd Bricks found around them, which require a Picksaw or stronger mining tool to break. This is the only way to obtain them, as they are not craftable.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Just like Spikes, Wooden Spikes only damage players, and as such are unsuitable for base defense outside of PvP.
- Wooden Spikes deal 60 base damage in both Expert and normal mode. Since defense in Expert mode is more efficient, the player will almost always receive less damage from Wooden Spikes than in normal mode.
- Wooden Spikes are valid walls for NPC housing.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Placed sprite updated. Old sprite was .
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.