- Item (Quantity)Rate
The World Feeder is a Hardmode worm-like enemy which spawns in The Corruption. It is somewhat rare and is not as common as the pre-Hardmode Devourers. Loot is dropped from the head segment, so it can get stuck buried deep in blocks if one of the main body parts is killed first.
Segments[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The World Feeder has 21–26 body segments.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- As with all worms, debuffs and piercing or area-of-effect damage are very effective, as the enemy consists of numerous vulnerable targets.
- A Dark Lance or a better spear is powerful, having a good range and being able to hit multiple segments at a time.
- The Ice Sickle is a strong melee weapon that will deal massive damage to the World Feeder's segments.
- Magic weapons such as the Magical Harp or the Magic Dagger are useful.
- The Cursed Inferno debuff, inflicted by Cursed Bullets, Cursed Arrows, or Cursed Flames, can take the World Feeder down fairly quickly. The Cursed Flames it drops will be even more useful for making those types of ammunition.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The World Feeder bears a certain visual resemblance to the Eater of Worlds, similar to the Wandering Eye's visual similarities to the Eye of Cthulhu.
- Despite dropping Cursed Flames, it neither inflicts nor is immune to the Cursed Inferno debuff.
- The internal name of the World Feeder is
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Now has a chance to drop its respective banner.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.