The Worm is a Critter that spawns underground, or on the surface during rain. Worms also have a chance to spawn on the surface when the player breaks stone or dirt piles, or grass, which causes them to fly out. Breaking larger rocks in the background has a high possibility of releasing worms.
Worms (and their golden counterparts) will become stuck in 1-tile holes in the ground, which can allow for easy collection during rains. However this only works if both tiles adjacent to the worm are not hammered inclines.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- On the surface, Worms have a 1/400 (0.25%) chance of dropping from short grass, 1/200 (0.5%) chance from tall grass, and 1/6 chance (16.7%) chance from dirt piles. These values are taken from the game code.
- In-game testing seems to demonstrate a general drop rate from any ambient surface grass or plant type (short, tall, pink flower, blue flower, sprite with 1 piece of grass, sprite with 2, etc.) as 4.6%, regardless of time of day.
- Worms will only spawn while it's raining on grass covered dirt blocks where the rain animation can reach the grass (that is, putting a roof/ceiling over the grass will prevent worms from spawning).
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Can now be used to craft Worm Statues.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Can now be used to craft Enchanted Nightcrawlers.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.