This Friday at 1:00 P. M. PST there is going to be an Official Terraria Twitch Stream to go over the State of the Game Address for Terraria. There are also going to be giveaways of some awesome official and exclusive merchandise not available for sale.
Fortune & Glory, Kid.Expert Mode-Only Content: This information applies only to Expert mode and Expert mode worlds.
- Internal Item ID: 3224
This damage reduction from this item is calculated after defense is applied:
Damage_taken = ( Raw_damage - (Defense * (.5 or .75 for normal or expert mode)) ) * (1 - .17)
- Percent damage reduction on accessories/potions apply first, then damage reduction on set bonuses are applied (e.g. Beetle armor, Solar Flare armor).
- When fighting the Dungeon Guardian, The Worm Scarf (when combined with a few potions or accessories) can allow the player to survive a hit from the Dungeon Guardian without the use of too many accessories and buffs.
- As the game progresses, enemies will start hitting well into the 300-400 damage range. The Worm Scarf thus becomes valuable in reducing damage and making blows tolerable.
- Since the Worm Scarf can be taken into non-expert worlds, it is often a good idea to level a character up to near or post-Hardmode gear, create an Expert world, and easily defeat the Eater of Worlds for its Worm Scarf, which remains useful even at endgame.
- Beetle armor at its 45% state, Worm Scarf (17%) and Endurance Potion (10%) will reduce damage by more than 50%.
(100%-45%) * (100%-(17%+10%)) = 40.15% damage taken = 59.85% damage reduction
- Frozen Turtle Shell (25%) will further increase it to almost 74%.
(100%-45%) * (100%-(25%+17%+10%)) = 26.4% damage taken = 73.6% damage reduction
- Desktop 1.3.2: Equipped sprite updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Introduced.