Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Fortune and glory, kid.Expert Mode-Only Content: This information applies only to Expert mode and Expert mode worlds.
- Internal Item ID: 3224
This damage reduction from this item is calculated after defense is applied:
Damage_taken = ( Raw_damage - (Defense * (.5 or .75 for normal or expert mode)) ) * (1 - .17)
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Percent damage reduction on accessories/potions apply first, then damage reduction on set bonuses are applied (e.g. Beetle armor, Solar Flare armor).
- When fighting the Dungeon Guardian, The Worm Scarf (when combined with a few potions or accessories) can allow the player to survive a hit from the Dungeon Guardian without the use of too many accessories and buffs.
- As the game progresses, enemies will start hitting well into the 300-400 damage range. The Worm Scarf thus becomes valuable in reducing damage and making blows tolerable.
- Since the Worm Scarf can be taken into non-expert worlds, it is often a good idea to level a character up to near or post-Hardmode gear, create an Expert world, and easily defeat the Eater of Worlds for its Worm Scarf, which remains useful even at endgame.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Beetle armor at its 45% state, Worm Scarf (17%) and Endurance Potion (10%) will reduce damage by almost 60%.
(100%-45%) * (100%-(17%+10%)) = 40.15% damage taken = 59.85% damage reduction
- Frozen Turtle Shell (25%) will further increase it to almost 74%.
(100%-45%) * (100%-(25%+17%+10%)) = 26.4% damage taken = 73.6% damage reduction
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.