|AI Type||Hovering AI|
|Damage||65 / 130|
|Max Life||160 / 320|
|KB Resist||30% / 37%|
|Debuff duration||15 seconds / 30 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Movement speed is reduced|
- Internal NPC ID: 82
Wraiths are Hardmode ghost-like Enemies that can travel through Blocks. They can inflict the Slow Debuff on the player. They have black bodies, which render them almost completely invisible in dark areas, but have two glowing red eyes that are visible from within the darkness. They spawn at the surface layer at night.
Wraiths appear to be flying, however within empty space they can only hover slightly off the ground. They can only fly upwards when they have foreground blocks to "swim" through.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- One or two Wraiths spawn upon destroying a Demon or Crimson Altar, regardless of the time of day.
- Wraiths are more common during a new moon.
- Wraiths can be attacked through walls with melee weapons or other weapons whose attack animation does not end when it hits a wall - this makes spears especially effective.
- Wraiths will not trigger pressure plates, and will just go through them instead. This makes them incapable of activating any sort of trap.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Any structure raised least eight tiles above the surface will prevent a Wraith from levitating up and through it.
- Wraiths can be spawned pre-Hardmode by using a Wraith Statue.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Wraiths are most likely a reference to the fantasy novels series The Riftwar Saga by American writer Raymond E. Feist, the first series in The Riftwar Cycle. There, wraiths are described as black man-shaped clouds with burning red eyes, which is further referenced by the fact that they rely upon their target being too scared to move, similar to how they can inflict the slow debuff, hindering player escape.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Now has a chance to drop its respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Health, damage and defense decreased from 200, 75 and 18 to 160, 65 and 16 respectively.
- Now has a chance to drop a Fast Clock.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.