|AI Type||Hovering AI|
|Immune to||All debuffs except Whip debuffs|
Wraiths are Hardmode ghost-like enemies who can travel through blocks. They can inflict the Slow debuff on the player. They have black bodies, which render them almost completely invisible in dark areas, but have two glowing red eyes which are visible from within the darkness. They spawn at the surface layer at night.
Although Wraiths appear to fly freely, they can only hover slightly above the ground. They need foreground blocks to "swim" through in order to fly any higher.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- One or two Wraiths spawn upon destroying a Demon or Crimson Altar, regardless of the time of day.
- Wraiths are more common during a new moon.
- Wraiths can be attacked through walls with melee weapons or any other weapon whose attack animation does not end when it hits a wall. This makes spears especially effective.
- Wraiths will not trigger pressure plates, as they pass through them instead. This makes them incapable of activating any sort of trap.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Any structure built at least 6 tiles above the surface will prevent a Wraith from levitating up and into it.
- If the player is in or slightly above the ocean, a wraith can spawn below and to the sides of the player. The wraith can then float towards and attack the player.
- Wraiths can be spawned pre-Hardmode by using a Wraith Statue.
- Wraiths cannot fly up using platforms but are able to hover on top of them.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- According to the Collector's Edition trading card, those who are devoured by an Eater of Souls become a Wraith. This might not be the only way of creating wraiths, since they are not exclusive to worlds with The Corruption, and will still spawn in Crimson or purified worlds.
- According to the Bestiary, wraiths are souls belonging to the darkest of hearts. They are sealed in the world's core, the Wall of Flesh, until it is defeated.
- The Bestiary entry for the Wraith: "Souls belonging to the darkest of hearts were once sealed in the world's core. Now, they roam the night to add to their kind."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Now has a chance to drop its respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Health, damage and defense decreased from 200, 75 and 18 to 160, 65 and 16 respectively.
- Now has a chance to drop a Fast Clock.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.