|Knockback||3 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||21 Fast|
- Internal Item ID: 2797
The Xenopopper is a Hardmode, post-Golem gun that uses bullets as ammunition, but fires a small initial cloud of four to five simultaneous "bubbles". The bubbles themselves do no damage and will bounce off solid blocks. They then pop after a short delay, firing bullets (one per bubble) that converge at the cursor's location. The targeting effect is similar to that of the Lunar Flare. Each firing consumes only one bullet, but produces 4-5 projectiles each.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Xenopopper could be considered a variation of shotgun-type guns. In this case, its increased accuracy comes at the cost of lag. This makes it perhaps more suited for single targets rather than area crowd control, depending on players' targeting skills.
- If attempting to control a large horde of enemies, rather than directly aiming one's mouse at the horde (and only hitting one or two enemies at a time), aim the mouse further away to increase chances of hitting more enemies.
- Bullets only aim themselves at the cursor's position once the bubbles pop. As a result, if the player fires behind themselves while moving away, the cursor may end up between the player and the bubbles before the bullets actually fire, effectively causing the shot to fire toward the player, and not the target. This can be negated by keeping the cursor as far away from the player as possible during movement.
- The Xenopopper is extremely useful during the Lunar Events, as the pillars are large and immobile, making them easy targets.
- If carefully aimed, the bubbles from the Xenopopper can be fired through walls that are 1-block wide, allowing this gun to be fired from cover. This requires the muzzle of the gun to be directly next to, but not in, the wall.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The prefix "Xeno" means "foreign/different in origin", and often relates to aliens.
- The bubbles popping into bullets could be a reference to the max level "Bubbline" in Cave Story.
- "Bubbles" can activate red, green and yellow (NPC-sensing) Pressure Plates.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Fixed bug of not detecting ammo.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.