|Knockback||3 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||7 Insanely Fast|
The Zapinator is a Hardmode magic weapon that is only available on the . version It resembles an NES-era light gun and shoots very rapidly, dealing 50 damage per hit - around 500 damage per second. It has a ~1.25% chance of being dropped from Plantera, but it is unknown what the droprate is exactly.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Because the Zapinator consumes lots of mana when fired rapidly, a Mana Flower and Ancient Cobalt armor could be useful for any mage characters.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Zapinator was used by the developers in the Desktop version to test certain content prior to Terraria's official release, used to kill enemies instantly so they wouldn't be interrupted during testing. It was originally released on the Desktop version, but was removed in the 1.0.1 update. At the time it was essentially the most powerful weapon in the game, though since update 1.1 and the release of Hardmode, this has ceased to be true.
- The Zapinator's name and sprite resemble the Nintendo Zapper, a light gun peripheral accessory released with the NES. This could explain why the Zapinator was removed from Terraria's Desktop version, as it could cause copyright problems between the development crew of Terraria & Nintendo. This might also explain why it was subsequently re-added to the 3DS version - there would be no conflict with Nintendo for this instance.
- The Zapinator's projectile ID is 20 (the projectile fired by the Space Gun.)
References[edit | edit source]
- Zapinator added to 3DS http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/3DS-known-issues.37772/page-19#post-856857 4 Jan 2016, Deanzor, Developer, 505 Games
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS 1.01: Name changed from ITEMNAME to Zapinator.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced as ITEMNAME.