For the Desktop version and Mobile version-exclusive weapons, see Gray Zapinator and Orange Zapinator.
|Knockback||3 (Very weak)|
|Use time||7 (Insanely fast)|
- Green Laser
The Zapinator is a -exclusive, Hardmode magic weapon that shoots very rapidly. It has an approximate 1.25% (1 in 80) chance of being dropped by Plantera, but the exact drop chance is unknown. It shoots green projectiles very rapidly.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Because the Zapinator consumes lots of mana when fired rapidly, the Mana Flower is helpful to continuously use it.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Zapinator was used by the developers in the Desktop version to test certain content prior to Terraria's official release, used to kill enemies instantly so they would not be interrupted during testing. It was originally released on the Desktop version, but was removed in the 1.0.1 update, replacing them with Angel Statues. At the time, it was essentially the most powerful weapon in the game, though since update 1.1 and the release of Hardmode, this has ceased to be true.
- The Zapinator was re-introduced along with the 184.108.40.206 version as two separate items. See the Gray Zapinator for the Pre-Hardmode variant and the Orange Zapinator for the Hardmode variant. Note, however, that this Zapinator variant is still only available on the version, and the Orange Zapinator has a different sprite and stats.
- The Zapinator's name and sprite resemble the NES Zapper, an electronic light gun accessory for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).
- This could explain why the Zapinator was removed from the Desktop version, as it could cause copyright problems between Re-Logic and Nintendo.
- This might also explain why it was subsequently re-added to the version – there would be no conflict with Nintendo for this instance.
- Despite that, both the Switch version and the Wii U version of Old-gen console version lack the Zapinator. While the former may receive the Zapinator at some point in the future, the Wii U never will, as the Old-gen consoles are no longer receiving updates. However, due to the introduction of the Gray Zapinator and the Orange Zapinator, it is highly unlikely that this will be introduced into the Switch version.
- The projectile shot by the Zapinator is also used by the Space Gun.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS 1.01: Name changed from ITEMNAME to Zapinator.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced as ITEMNAME.
References[edit | edit source]
- 3DS KNOWN ISSUES Jan 4, 2016