|Knockback||3 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||7 Insanely Fast|
- Green Laser
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Because the Zapinator consumes lots of mana when fired rapidly, a Mana Flower and Ancient Cobalt armor could be useful for any mage characters.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Zapinator was used by the developers in the Desktop version to test certain content prior to Terraria's official release, used to kill enemies instantly so they would not be interrupted during testing. It was originally released on the Desktop version, but was removed in the 1.0.1 update. At the time, it was essentially the most powerful weapon in the game, though since update 1.1 and the release of Hardmode, this has ceased to be true.
- The Zapinator's name and sprite resemble the NES Zapper, an electronic light gun accessory for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).
- This could explain why the Zapinator was removed from the Desktop version, as it could cause copyright problems between Re-Logic and Nintendo.
- This might also explain why it was subsequently re-added to the version – there would be no conflict with Nintendo for this instance.
- The projectile shot by the Zapinator is also used by the Space Gun.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS 1.01: Name changed from ITEMNAME to Zapinator.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced as ITEMNAME.
References[edit | edit source]
- 3DS KNOWN ISSUES Jan 4, 2016