|Use time||30 (Average)|
The Zenith is a Hardmode, post-Moon Lord melee weapon crafted using a variety of swords obtained throughout the game's progression. The Zenith possesses autoswing, can hit enemies through blocks, will attack the area around the cursor, no matter where it is located on the screen and will automatically attack enemies that aren't targeted with cursor while using the Zenith. For the auto targeting to work the cursor has to be in 25 tile radius from the target. It can even hit off-screen enemies when manually aimed.
When used, the sword sprites of its component swords fly towards enemies within a 20-tile radius of the cursor, and circle back in quick, frenzied arcs. These pass through solid blocks, and three swords will appear per use (at base melee speed). Each sword sprite deals the weapon's full damage.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
( + )
|Hellstone × 3|
( Underworld )
|Demonite Ore × 3|
|Crimtane Ore × 3|
|Jungle Spores × 12|
( Underground Jungle )
|Stinger × 12|
|Hellstone Bar × 20||Demonite Bar × 10||Crimtane Bar × 10|
|Hallowed Bar × 12|
|Blade of Grass||Muramasa||Fiery Greatsword||Light's Bane||or||Blood Butcherer|
|/||Broken Hero Sword|
|Copper Ore x 3||Excalibur||Night's Edge|
|Copper Bar × 7||Queen Bee|
|True Excalibur||True Night's Edge||Plantera|
|Copper Shortsword||Starfury||Enchanted Sword||Bee Keeper||Terra Blade||Seedler||The Horseman's Blade||Influx Waver||Star Wrath||Meowmere|
- The first sword generated on each swing will always be a Zenith projectile, which generates a mint green trail. Each sword generated will have a unique swing color, which generates a large amount of light. This can be used to reveal parts of the minimap.
- The Zenith ignores enemy invincibility frames.
- The Zenith can attack anywhere that the mouse cursor can reach. Its range can be increased simply by using higher resolutions, larger monitors, or even multiple monitors.
- Equipment and modifiers that increase melee speed change the number of swords that appear per use, but have no effect on the number of swords thrown per second, nor the swords' velocity.
- Each individual sword sprite may register multiple hits on an enemy, depending on size and positioning.
- Swords also deal damage behind the player on their return trip.
- Despite being nearly identical to its copper counterpart, the Tin Shortsword cannot be used to craft the Zenith. This is presumably due to the Copper Shortsword's role as the very first sword every player will encounter (with the exception of Journey Mode characters).
- If the player has made a Journey Mode character or has lost their Copper Shortsword, and has no Copper Ore in the world, Copper can be obtained by Fishing, using an Extractinator, killing Slimes, or going to another world with copper.
- Increasing attack speed does not increase the speed at which the Zenith fires swords, only the time between each three-sword cycle. Thus, a higher attack speed will cause less swords besides the Zenith to appear, and lower attack speed will cause more to appear. With high enough attack speed, it is possible for only the Zenith itself to appear.
- The Zenith has the potential to reach more than 70,000 DPS on a single target with the right armor, accessories, modifiers, buffs and correct positioning.
- The Zenith can defeat the Moon Lord on Master Mode (277,311 combined HP) in about 11 seconds.
- The Zenith is arguably the game's strongest weapon, making it ideal for any type of fight.
- Zenith is defined as "the time at which something is most powerful or successful."
- Before the release of 1.4, the sword had various placeholders and scrapped names, including "Final Fractal" and "Summit". The precursor design of the Zenith exists as an unobtainable weapon, the First Fractal, which resembles an upgraded Terra Blade.
- The Zenith projectiles will always include both the Light's Bane and Blood Butcherer, no matter which one was used.
- The Zenith's projectiles include the Terragrim, despite not being in its crafting tree. In a small hotfix after 1.4, the Bee Keeper was added to the crafting recipe for the Zenith, after being in its animation at 1.4’s release.
- This is a list of all swords displayed in the Zenith's attack animation: Copper Shortsword, Light's Bane, Muramasa, Terragrim, Blood Butcherer, Starfury, Enchanted Sword, Bee Keeper, Blade of Grass, Fiery Greatsword, Night's Edge, True Night's Edge, Excalibur, True Excalibur, The Horseman's Blade, Seedler, Terra Blade, Influx Waver, Star Wrath, Meowmere, and the Zenith itself.
- Each sword generates a different swing color:
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.