|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Banner||Zombie Merman Banner|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Chum Bucket (4-6)50%
- Internal NPC ID: 586
The Zombie Merman is a pre-Hardmode enemy that can be spawned by fishing in a Blood Moon. When the bobber dips and the player attempts to reel in a fish, a Zombie Merman or a Wandering Eye Fish has a chance to spawn within a few blocks of the bobber in place of a fish.
It is one of the few entities that can be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Zombie Merman, like other zombies during a Blood Moon, can break open doors.
- The Sonar Potion will detect if a Blood Moon enemy is about to be hooked.
- Using the Chum Caster will greatly increase the chances of hooking Blood Moon enemies.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Zombie Merman has high health and defense, moves very quickly, and doesn't take knockback, making it a challenging enemy for underpowered characters.
- The Zombie Merman is very agile while in water, making it hard to deal with. Players can build a layer of platforms above their fishing spot to prevent the Zombie Merman from entering the water in the first place.
- Despite not taking knockback, it will still briefly pause when hit like other enemies with 100% knockback resistance, making rapid fire weapons like the Minishark fairly effective at slowing it down.
- The Zombie Merman is a great way of progressing in the early game as they can drop useful items, but be cautious, as an unprepared player can quickly be overwhelmed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bestiary entry for the Zombie Merman: "Mermen may be rare and exotic demi-humans, but they can still die... and still come back from that a changed merman."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.