- Internal NPC ID: 633
- There is an empty house.
- A certain amount of progress has been made filling the Bestiary. (10% filled/52 Entries)
The Zoologist is probably the Golfer's sister, as hinted by the quote "Of course I like <name of Golfer>! I like, knew them since I was born!"
|Guide To Critter Companionship||Always available.|
|Squirrel Hook||Always available.|
|Leather Whip||Fill out Bestiary (15% filled/80 Entries)|
|Mollusk Whistle||Fill out Bestiary (25% filled/130 Entries)|
|Critter Shampoo||Fill out Bestiary (30% filled/156 Entries)|
|Dog Ears||Moon Phase 1 (Full Moon)|
|Dog Tail||Moon Phase 1 (Full Moon)|
|Fox Ears||Moon Phase 3 (Third Quarter)|
|Fox Tail||Moon Phase 3 (Third Quarter)|
|Lizard Ears||Moon Phase 5 (New Moon)|
|Lizard Tail||Moon Phase 5 (New Moon)|
|Bunny Ears||Moon Phase 7 (First Quarter)|
|Bunny Tail||Moon Phase 7 (First Quarter)|
|Full Moon Squeaky Toy||In Hardmode during a Blood Moon|
|Mud Bud||After defeating Plantera|
|Cat License||Town Cat has not already been spawned.|
|Dog License||Fill out Bestiary (25% filled/130 Entries), and Town Dog has not already been spawned.|
|Bunny License||Fill out Bestiary (45%/234 Entries), and Town Bunny has not already been spawned.|
|Koi Kite||Fill out Bestiary (10% filled/52 Entries)|
|Crawltipede Kite||After beating the Solar Pillar|
|Universal Pylon||Fill out Bestiary (100% filled/520 Entries)|
|Any Pylon||When in a specific biome (except Evil Biomes) and is happy enough.|
|Dusty Rawhide Saddle||Fill out Bestiary (30% filled/156 Entries)|
|Royal Gilded Saddle||Fill out Bestiary (30% filled/156 Entries)|
|Black Studded Saddle||Fill out Bestiary (30% filled/156 Entries)|
|Sakura Sapling||Fill out Bestiary (30% filled/156 Entries)|
|Yellow Willow Sapling||Fill out Bestiary (30% filled/156 Entries)|
|Rabbit Perch||Fill out Bestiary (40% filled/208 Entries)|
|Jousting Lance||In Hardmode|
|Fairy Glowstick||Once the player fills out all three Fairies in the Bestiary|
|World Globe||Fill out Bestiary (50% filled/260 Entries)|
|Tree Globe||Fill out Bestiary (50% filled/260 Entries)|
|Lightning Carrot||Fill out Bestiary (50% filled/260 Entries)|
|Digging Molecart||Fill out Bestiary (60% filled/312 Entries)|
|Ball O' Fuse Wire||Fill out Bestiary (70% filled/364 Entries)|
|Neighbours||Witch Doctor||Golfer||Angler||Arms Dealer|
The Zoologist may have any of the following names:
During the day:
- "I collected critters like you once, then I took a cursed fox bite to the knee!"
- "I may not know, like, a whole lot...but I can talk your head off about nature and critters and animals and wildlife and..."
- "My older bro calls me a lycanthrope. It means I'm like, part animal or something. He'd know, though, because he spends all his time outside!"
- "I love animals, like, a lot! I tried to pet this weird looking fox one time, he sooo bit me, and now I became like one! Rad!"
- "Staahp pulling on my tail, bro, it's totally real, and like...totally hurts when you pull on it!"
- "Oh, THESE ears? Haha, totes better to hear you with, my dear!"
- "This one time, at critter camp, I woke up one morning and everything was torn apart! Like, wow, how did I sleep through THAT?!"
- "Wow, like, I've never seen a full moon. For some reason, it's like I pass out every time one's around!"
- "I have noooo idea how I got here, but it's mega rad."
When Stylist is present:
- "Huh?! No, <name of Stylist> didn't dye my hair. It's naturally this color! It was like, dark brown before I was bitten, though!"
- "Grrr!! Away. Stay. NOW!"
- "Rawgh! Roo! Danger. Me. Wraaaath!"
- "Staaaap! Ugh! Not you, this lame rain."
- "For real!? I can't STAND being wet! It's gross."
During a Thunderstorm:
- "Eek!! You have NO idea how much thunder hurts my sensitive ears."
- "Is it over yet? I have this, like, irrational fear of thunderstorms."
During a Windy Day:
- "Running in the wind makes me feel so free and wild. Totes try it sometime!"
- "The breeze blows through my hair, it's, like, woah."
During a Party:
- "So, uh, I can't wear the hat. Sorry. I'm still here for the party, no worries!"
During a Solar Eclipse:
- "Like wow, I feel like I belong with the creepy killer things running around right now. So glad I'm not that mindless."
When in a Graveyard biome:
- "My instincts are totally going wild. I really need to get out of here!"
- "Ok, like, this place is totally freaky. It makes my fur stand on end!"
When in a Forest biome:
- "I love animals, so naturally Forest is like, the best place ever! Yas!"
When transformed and in a Forest biome:
- "In Forest... Good RUN! PLAY! HUNT! Yee!"
When too many NPCs are present in a Town:
- "I get a little anxious around a lot of people. I like, don't want that."
- "Eek! I hate feeling worried about what will happen with all these people around!"
When too many NPCs are present in a Town and transformed:
- "Rawgh! PEOPLE. TOO MANY. Irritate!"
When the Angler is present:
- "I don't like how cruel <name of Angler> is!"
When the Arms Dealer is present:
- "I really totally hate what <name of Arms Dealer> does to animals!"
When the Golfer is present:
- "Of course I like <name of Golfer>! I like, knew them since I was born!"
When the Witch Doctor is present:
- "I can't explain it. I have like, a thing for <name of Witch Doctor> the Witch Doctor. Is it because of the tail?"
When the Angler is present while transformed:
- "<Name of Angler>.... VIBES. BAD! Grrl"
When the Arms Dealer is present while transformed:
- "Arghl! NO <name of Arms Dealer>. HATE. FURY. DISGUST!!"
When the Golfer is present while transformed:
- "Grrl <Name of Golfer>. Rrr... GOOD. FEEL."
- The Zoologist will transform into a werefox on full moons and blood moons, speaking differently while transformed. Upon morning she will revert back to normal.
- The Zoologist transforms into a werefox at the same time deathweed blooms.
- The quote, "I collected critters like you once, then I took a cursed fox bite to the knee!" is a reference to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim with the often-repeated line "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow to the knee".
- The possible name for the Zoologist "Bindi" is a reference to famed real-life zoologist, Bindi Irwin, daughter of the late "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin.
- The quote, "Oh, THESE ears? Haha, totes better to hear you with, my dear!" is a reference to the fairy tale of Little Red Riding Hood, wherein the Big Bad Wolf responds in a similar manner to questions about his unusual proportions when disguised as Little Red Riding Hood's grandmother.
- When the Zoologist turns into a werefox, her Map Icon does not change.
- According to Redigit, the golfer is the zoologists brother.
- The quote “This one time at critter camp” could be a reference to the film American Pie.
- The Zoologist's name in the files of the game is named "Bestiary Girl".
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.