Despite being considered a console release, the 3DS version contains mobile-exclusive items such as the Heart Arrow. The Hero's clothes and Plumber's clothes are their correct Nintendo colors. The 3DS version also contains the Zapinator, an item which was originally released on the Desktop version, but was removed in a subsequent update. It resembles the Zapper gun from the NES.
The 3DS version is unlike the other console versions, not only because of some differences listed above, but also because it follows its own update line. A list of all the updates it has had, as well as a few highlights of each one, can be found at 3DS Version history.
The 3DS version can be played on the New 3DS family of systems at a higher frame rate and it adds an expanded world option.
Exclusive content[edit | edit source]
|3DS and Mobile||3DS (and Desktop and Console)||3DS Only|
Post desktop version 1.2.1 content[edit | edit source]
The of Terraria is largely equivalent to desktop version version1.2.1. However, some content from future versions has been added into the game, mostly from 1.2.2 to 188.8.131.52. Below is a list of said content.
Frost Moon/Pumpkin Moon Enemy Banners
Other Features[edit | edit source]
- Alternate Underground music track. (1.2.2)
- Upside down slopes/Platform stairs. (1.2.3)
- The Pickaxe Axe and Drax require 1 soul from each Mechanical boss to craft. (1.2.3)
- All applicable potions crafted from fish. (1.2.4)
- Quickstack to nearby chests feature. (184.108.40.206 )
- Crispy Honey Blocks are craftable. (220.127.116.11 )
- Reforges cost 33% of the item's total value. (1.2.3)
- Ore stacks to 999. (1.2.3)
- Saplings can be placed on all grass types. (1.2.3)
- Bug Net for catching Critters for Bait. (1.2.3)
- Mudstone Brick is named "Mudstone Brick", in comparison to "Mudstone Block" on Console and Mobile. (1.3.1)
- Firework Rockets show the wiring layout when selected. (1.2.4)
- Underground Crimson music track. (1.2.4)
- The music track Eerie is replaced with Underworld. (18.104.22.168)
- Updated Cobalt Shield texture. (1.2.3)
References[edit | edit source]