Acorns are a type of Seed used to plant Trees. Acorns can be planted on regular green grass, Hallow grass, Corrupted grass, Crimson grass, Jungle grass, Sand or Snow, where they will create saplings that will grow into Trees, under the right conditions. Acorns are randomly dropped when cutting down trees, and can also be purchased from the Dryad for 10 . Jungle Trees do not normally drop Acorns, however if a branch is hanging over a regular Grass tile, the branch can very rarely drop an Acorn.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Planting an Acorn will grow the matching tree for whatever Biome it is in.
- When planted in the desert, acorns grow Palm Trees, not Cactus.
- You will not receive an acorn when you destroy an already placed one.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.3: Now able to grow on Jungle, Corrupt, Crimson, and Hallowed Grass.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Palm, Corrupt, and Crimson Trees now drop Acorns. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Palm, Corrupt, and Crimson Trees now drop Acorns. ()
- Console 1.07: Now able to grow on Sand.
- Console 1.06: Now able to grow on Jungle, Corrupt, Crimson, and Hallowed Grass.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Now able to grow on Sand and Jungle, Corrupt, Crimson, and Hallowed Grass.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.