|Placeable||3 wide × 2 high|
|Use time||14 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Life regen is increased when near a campfire|
|Buff tooltip||Life regen is slightly increased|
|Duration||Infinite while in vicinity|
The Campfire is a placed furniture item that emits light and provides the Cozy Fire health regeneration buff to players in its vicinity. A Campfire can be turned off by right-clicking the object or by sending them a wire signal, and can be toggled back on again the same way. It is also used to cook a Marshmallow on a Stick.
The Cozy Fire buff multiplies the player's current healing rate by 1.1x, and adds an additional constant 0.5 health-per-second.
The buff is applied to any players standing within a 170-tile by 125-tile rectangular region centered on the Campfire, similar to the Heart Lantern. Each will also slow the effects of damaging debuffs (such as Poisoned and On Fire!). Being within the range of both items stacks this slowing effect, as well as their health regeneration.
The Fireplace operates similarly and provides the same Cozy Fire buff, but cannot cook a Marshmallow on a Stick.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
|Bone Campfire |
Internal Item ID: 3724
Internal Item ID: 966( )
Internal Item ID: 966( )
Internal Item ID: 4690
Internal Item ID: 4691
Internal Item ID: 4692
Internal Item ID: 3046
Internal Item ID: 3047
Internal Item ID: 4689
Internal Item ID: 3048
Internal Item ID: 4693
Internal Item ID: 3049
Internal Item ID: 4694
Internal Item ID: 3050
Internal Item ID: 3723
Used to craft[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
|The animation of the Rainbow Campfire|
- A Campfire does not count as a light source for NPC housing.
- Within its range, the regeneration bonus is unaffected by distance or "obstructive" blocks and walls.
- NPCs are unaffected by the healing effect.
- A similar health regeneration boost can be achieved with Heart Lanterns.
- The Heart Lantern effect stacks with the Campfire effect. This gives a total of 1.5 HP/s plus a 1.1x base healing rate.
- Campfires are immediately destroyed if liquids are poured over them. The exceptions are the Cursed Campfire, Ichor Campfire and Coral Campfire , which can be placed in water.
- Turning off the Campfire cancels the buff.
- The presence of the Moon Lord will turn Campfires black, but that will not cancel their buff.
- The Bone Campfire tooltip when your cursor is over it will be a Shadowflame Bow.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- As with the Heart Lantern, it may be useful to have one in your hotbar in dangerous areas, so you can place it easily for quicker regeneration.
- It is also useful to have one placed permanently in your base, along with a Heart Lantern.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- While a Campfire is in rain, it emits an extra amount of smoke as an aesthetic effect.
- On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, normal Campfires can sometimes be found in an underground camp along with some Silver Coins or Gold Coins.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Added 6 new campfire varieties: Coral, Corrupt, Crimson, Desert, Hallowed and Jungle.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Added Bone and Ultrabright campfires.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Sprite updated.
- Wood requirement lowered from 20 to 10.
- Added 5 new campfire varieties: Cursed, Demon, Frozen, Ichor, and Rainbow.
- Campfires can now be turned off by right-clicking them.
- Turning off a campfire removes its regenerative buff.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Buff icon added.
- Desktop 1.2.1: You can no longer place Campfires in water.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.1372.5: Added Bone and Ultra Bright campfires.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.