|AI Type||Plant AI|
|Damage||70 / 140 (melee)|
44 / 68 (ranged attack)
|Max Life||320 / 640|
|KB Resist||80% / 82%|
The Clinger is a Hardmode enemy found in the Underground Corruption biome. Clingers spawn anchored to a block, with their head attached to an extendable "stem" that does not damage the player. They attack by launching orbs of cursed flames at the player, which can inflict the Cursed Inferno debuff.
Clingers are one of the three creatures that drop the valuable Cursed Flames, with the others being the World Feeder and the Vile Ghoul (however, the Clinger is the only one that actually uses the Cursed Flames as a weapon). Though they are more common than World Feeders underground, they do not appear on the surface. A player who intends to use Cursed Arrows or Cursed Bullets should make an effort to kill them whenever possible.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Clingers will not launch their projectile for a couple of seconds after being struck by knockback; players can use this to their advantage and prevent a Clinger from being able to retaliate until it is slain. Additionally, Clingers' projectiles do not travel through solid objects, which players can use to their advantage while approaching.
- Mining the block that a Clinger is anchored to kills it instantly; killing Clingers this way, however, prevents them from dropping any coins or items.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite being able to shoot cursed flames, they are not immune to the Cursed Inferno debuff.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Orbs of cursed flames launched by Clingers can no longer be destroyed by weapons or projectiles.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.3.3: Anchored block can no longer be destroyed.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.