Cloud in a Bottle
- Internal Item ID: 53
The Cloud in a Bottle is an accessory that can be found in Gold Chests in the Underground and Cavern biomes. When equipped, it allows the player to double jump. The second jump is shorter than the first jump, but still increases the maximum height the player can reach. It is also useful for preventing fall damage.
The second jump is also affected by other accessories. If the Shiny Red Balloon is equipped, the height of the second jump will be boosted slightly, but not as much as the boost given to the first jump. The infinite underwater jumps provided by the Flipper also count as double jumps, meaning that the player cannot double jump when exiting water after swimming.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The second jump provided by the Cloud in a Bottle is approximately 7 feet (3½ blocks). If used at the peak of a standard jump (12 feet / 6 blocks), you are able to reach a total height of 9½ blocks. This is slightly less than the jump height provided by the Shiny Red Balloon (10½ blocks).
- Used in combination with the Shiny Red Balloon, the second jump doubles to 14 feet (7 blocks), for a total height of 17½ blocks.
- This item can stack with the Tsunami in a Bottle, Blizzard in a Bottle, Sandstorm in a Bottle, and Fart in a Jar for repeated jumps.
- This item (and other double jump items) can be used as a fall safety device. Using the double jump effect just before hitting the ground will eliminate fall damage.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Can now be combined with the Whoopie Cushion at a Tinkerer's Workshop.
- Desktop 1.1: Can now be combined with the Shiny Red Balloon at a Tinkerer's Workshop. Rarity changed to orange from blue.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.