|Body slot||Armor pants|
|Tooltip||Grants slow fall in exchange for your feet|
- Internal Item ID: 3770
Djinn's Curse is a Hardmode vanity item that can be equipped in the "pants" slot. It visually replaces the player's feet with a genie-like effect, similar to the Desert Spirit's appearance. It has a 1/30 (3.3%) chance of dropping from Desert Spirits.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Djinn, jinn, or genies are creatures from Arabian mythology that were the basis of stories about genies who grant wishes. As many genie stories involve the granting of a selfish wish at some horrible unforeseen expense, "Djinn's Curse" refers to the player being granted the ability to float, at the expense of having to sacrifice their feet, which is reflected in the tooltip.
- Djinn's Curse does not appear on Mannequins like it does on players; instead, it is shown as a pair of purple pants:
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While running using the Hermes Boots or any other boot, it will instead use the Spectre Boots sound effects.
- This item and the Featherfall Potion are the only items that can prevent fall damage whilst the Stoned debuff is active.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.3: Introduced.