|Use time||17 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Breathe water instead of air|
The Gills Potion is a buff potion which grants the Gills buff when consumed. The buff allows the player to breathe underwater, preventing them from drowning. This lasts for 4 minutes, but can be canceled at any time by right-clicking the icon (), by selecting the icon and canceling it in the equipment menu ( ), by double-tapping the buff icon (), or by canceling the buff from the buffs screen ().
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Gills Potion will allow the player to survive while wearing a Fish Bowl.
- The player cannot drown in lava, thus negating this potion's usefulness for that purpose.
- It has the same crafting recipe as the Sonar Potion.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- For swimming in lava, the player should use Obsidian Skin Potions instead of Gills Potions.
- Despite the fact the tooltip states that you "breathe water instead of air", the user can still breathe air. This is because prior to 1.2, you cannot breathe in the air if you use Gills Potions. So this tooltip seems out of date.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Duration increased from 2 to 4 minutes.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Gills potions no longer cause you to suffocate on land
- Desktop 1.0.6: Duration increased from 1 to 2 minutes.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.