We would love to get your opinion on your experience with our site with a short survey. Take Survey
The Inferno Potion is a buff potion that grants the Inferno buff when consumed. It casts a ring of fire around the player that inflicts low damage and the On Fire! debuff on enemies on contact, as well as giving off light. Critters and other passive NPCs are unaffected. This lasts for 4 minutes, but can be canceled at any time by right-clicking the icon (), by selecting the icon and canceling it in the equipment menu ( ), by double-tapping the buff icon (), or by canceling the buff from the buffs screen (). It can be crafted or found in Shadow Chests.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Crafting this potion requires a Hotline Fishing Hook, as its two fish ingredients can only be caught in lava.
- Enemies that are immune to On Fire! are also immune to damage from the inferno.
- While the ring deals minimal damage to most Hardmode enemies, this potion is extremely useful when fighting Duke Fishron because his Detonating Bubbles will be destroyed before they can damage the player. It is also useful for fighting Plantera, to kill spores and keep the hooks away from you.
- On the , the inferno keeps damaging enemies when going to the armor section in the player's inventory. However, the timer for it will still go down. version
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.