Orichalcum Ore is a magenta-colored Hardmode Ore which can replace Mythril in a given world. It requires a pickaxe power of 110 to mine (Cobalt/Palladium Pickaxe or better, or any drill). Like most Hardmode Ores, Orichalcum is generated upon destruction of a Demon/Crimson Altar with a Pwnhammer or any better hammer.
- On a small map Orichalcum spawns below a depth of 1,000 feet (500 tiles).
- On a medium map Orichalcum spawns below a depth of 1,400 feet (700 tiles).
- On a large map Orichalcum spawns below a depth of 2,000 feet (1,000 tiles).
- In real life, orichalcum is a legendary metal described by Plato in his work Critias to have been mined in the lost city of Atlantis. It is suspected to have been a sort of alloy involving copper.
- While the in-game color is magenta, orichalcum is speculated to be a more reddish hue.
- It likely was made this color to avoid confusion with Palladium Ore.
- Selling the ore rather than the bar yields 8 more per 4 orichalcum ore.