Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Damage||70 / 140 (melee)|
200 / 400 (cannonball)
30 / 60 (gun)
|Max Life||3000 / 6000 |
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Internal NPC ID: 216
The Pirate Captain appears during a Hardmode Pirate Invasion. It attacks using a gun that shoots at a speed comparable to the Minishark, then stops firing for a few seconds and fires a cannonball. The cannonball has a short range and detonates upon impact with blocks.
Pirate Captains are immune to knockback.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Only one Pirate Captain can exist at a time, but multiple can spawn over the course of an invasion.
- It does not attack if there are solid blocks in the line of sight.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Health increased from 2000 to 3000.
- Defense increased from 28 to 30.
- Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Now immune to Confused debuff.
- Fixed bug where pirate captains would drop 5 heads as corpse parts and no arms or legs when killed.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.