- This article is about the ammunition. For the novelty furniture items, see Firework Rocket.
Rockets are a Hardmode, post-Plantera form of ammunition which are sold by the Cyborg. The Rocket I variant is also dropped by Plantera when it drops the Grenade Launcher. Most Launchers use Rockets as ammunition.
There are four varieties, each with two significant defining traits: area of effect, and the ability (or lack thereof) to destroy tiles. Rockets I and II have a small area of effect, closest to that of a Bomb or Grenade, while Rockets III and IV have an area similar to the blast radius of Dynamite. Rockets I and III will leave tiles unaffected, while II and IV will break blocks and furniture in their blast radius (except for explosion-proof objects).
A rocket's splash damage will harm its user if they are caught in the blast radius. These explosions will not affect other players unless they have PvP enabled, however.
Variants[edit | edit source]
|Type||Damage||Availability||Rarity||Cost||Blast Radius||Destroys Tiles|
|40 / 35||Always||50||Small|
|40||Blood Moon||2 50||Small|
|65 / 55||Night||1||Large|
|65 / 69||Solar Eclipse||5||Large|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Snowman Cannon, Electrosphere Launcher and Celebration use Rockets as ammunition, but the projectiles they fire are altered such that they cannot damage the user.
- All rockets stack up to 999.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Rocket I damage increased from 35 to 40, Rocket III from 55 to 65, Rocket IV from 60 to 65.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.