Soul of Light
- Internal Item ID: 520
Soul of Light is a Hardmode crafting material dropped by most enemies in the Underground Hallow (in the Cavern layer) with a 1/5 (20%) chance. On an Expert mode world, this rate is increased to 9/25 (36%). This includes stray enemies not native to the biome, such as Goblins and other enemies.
Crafting all items on the Desktop version, including a full stack of five Light Discs, excluding the Boss-summoning items and Key of Light, requires 98 Souls of Light (89 on console/mobile). One of each Boss-summoning item and a Key of Light requires an additional 24 Souls of Light (14 for console/mobile), for a total of 122 (103 for console/mobile).
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- One of the best ways to farm for Souls of Light is to go to the Underground Hallow, and deep underground where lava spawns frequently, and place a few water candles. The enemies the Underground Hallow spawns do not go through blocks (except for enchanted swords) and are not special in any real way, so they get affected by the lava and drop Souls of Light. This is also great if you need any other item dropped by Underground Hallow enemies.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Although the tooltip says: 'The essence of light creatures', souls of light can be dropped by any enemy as long as they are in the Underground Hallow biome.
- Bosses cannot drop Souls of Light besides the Wall of Flesh.
- In the Desktop version, Meteor Heads no longer drop souls of light while in the underground Hallow.
- On larger worlds, souls of light sometimes may not be dropped in the underground layer, and can only be harvested in the cavern layer.
- On the Mobile version, there is a currently unknown chance of souls dropping in the above-ground Hallow.
- Souls of light will not drop from statue spawned enemies.
- Where the Underground Hallow passes through The Underworld enemies have a chance to drop the soul.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2:
- Drop rate increased from 1 in 7 (~14%) to 1 in 5 (20%).
- Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Now obtainable.
- Mobile 1.1.8: Introduced, but unobtainable.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.