Stone Blocks are a type of block that composes most of the world. Found mostly underground, they compose the majority of the Cavern and Underground layers. Deep underground, Stone Blocks can generate with Moss growing on them.
After Hardmode is activated in a world, nearby Corrupt, Crimson, and Hallowed blocks can spread through Stone Blocks, changing them into Ebonstone, Crimstone, or Pearlstone respectively. Ebonstone and Crimstone Blocks can be returned to normal with Purification Powder, whereas Pearlstone Blocks require Vile or Vicious Powders. All three types can also be transformed back into regular Stone Blocks with the Green Solution.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When an altar is smashed, certain stone blocks can be selected at random to be transformed into one of the special biome blocks.
- Due to this conversion process, it is preferable to avoid placing plain stone blocks, instead processing them into Stone Slabs before using them for building. Slabs cannot be infected and prevent the spread of those biomes.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Now used to craft more items.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit was raised from 250 to 999.
- Desktop 1.0.2: Mining stone and other hard ores makes the sound of stone cracking now.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.