Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Damage||35 / 33 Melee|
|Knockback||7.75 (Very Strong)|
|Critical chance||11% / 4%|
|Use time||45 Very Slow|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
- Not to be confused with Starfury.
The Sunfury is a flail weapon that emits light when thrown, and has a chance to inflict the On Fire! debuff. Like other Flails, it is a ball-and-chain that swings outward, returns when its maximum distance is reached, is largely affected by gravity, and will continue to hang off the player if the attack button is held, causing damage to enemies that touch it. The Sunfury is obtained from Shadow Chests in The Underworld. It is the best Pre-Hardmode flail.
Its best modifier is Godly.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Sunfury's range, high damage, piercing ability, and lack of any Mana or Ammo cost makes it useful well into Hardmode.
- With a bridge, the Sunfury can do wonders against the Wall of Flesh on Normal due to its infinite penetration and high damage. However, on Expert mode it is inadvisable due to the distance the player is recommended to keep from the Wall, and its much higher speeds.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Damage increased from 33 to 35
- Knockback increased from 7 to 7.75.
- Critical chance increased from 4% to 11%.
- Desktop 1.2: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Desktop 1.0.5: Damage decreased from 40 to 33.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.