Extra column for pets with lighting effect?[edit source]
It would make it more convenient than looking them up individually.
Get rid of pet "buff" articles[edit source]
I really see no point in having a page detailing the effect of having a pet out when all it will say is basically, "You have this pet." Indeed, most pet articles do not even have associated buff articles, and the few that do are spam, marked for deletion, or redirects. They are not being used and will not be informative enough to warrant their existence. Jimbo Jambo (talk) 19:24, 19 October 2013 (UTC)
Baby slime not on page?[edit source]
I'm not very good at editing, and there might be a reason that it's not, but I still wonder why not. I just got a Slime Staff in-game, and if anyone wants to add it it's a baby slime, and it does fight for you.
zypher fish, minotour, what else?
Flying/catch-up sprites[edit source]
I think that we should have the sprites used by the pet when it's flying or trying to catch up with the player; some pages for pets mention what the sprite looks like (e.g. the Black Cat page says that it flies on a broom) but don't have images of the sprite. I think that since the flying state is very common for pets in the late game (what with Asphalt and Wings and other speed-enhancing things) it should be placed with the walking/standing sprite that most pages already show. --Xolroc (talk) 15:26, 25 July 2014 (UTC)
Challenging Pets Descreasing Spawn Rate[edit source]
"They seem to count as town NPCs, since whenever you have a pet, enemy spawn rates decrease."
I've seen no evidence towards this. To quote Reddit user critcodedtuna.
"Having a pet spawning item in your inventory shouldn't affect spawn rate, and spawned pets aren't NPCs. They're projectiles maintained through buffs. I can't find any direct correlation between the two. I don't see anything in the spawn rate calculation that's influenced by a projectile or pet-related buff, and I haven't found anything that shows the pet incrementing the townNPCs value."
I agree with him, at least as far as PC goes. I don't know much about the console port, but if this is something specific to consoles, that should be made clear. I think this spawn rate thing should be removed until it can be reasonably proven.
- I agree and until someone brings solid evidence of the claim I've removed it from the page. Equazcion (talk) 00:01, 8 Apr 2015 (UTC)
Console pet achievement[edit source]
i got all the pets but not the acivement do i need every single one in your inventory what do i do can someone help me on xbox 360 gamertag and name is jake dryden no caps so i can i get help please
Why did the pet drone get removed[edit source]
Why did u remove the pet drone???!!! Did it cause lag or did it crash players games???!!! I was hoping u could re-add the pet drone???!!! —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 12:46, 20 June 2015 (UTC)
- This isn't the place to ask, since the developers don't participate in discussions here. Try the forum. If I had to guess, I'd say it was removed due to legal issues with using Amazon's drone image/logo. Equazcion (talk) 12:51, 20 Jun 2015 (UTC)
- Most curious. However, the wiki is not the place to report bugs. The devs won't read it here. I suggest reporting in the forms at: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/console-support.129/. – Ferretwings (talk) 22:57, 5 November 2016 (UTC)
Birdie Rattle and Celestial Wand[edit source]
- Just to add to this, he also sold me a Celestial Wand, which summons the Estee Pet, a little star. I didn't think to check whether it generates light. Camelotcrusade30119 (talk) 18:48, 21 May 2020 (UTC)
The Baby eater pet dropped by the Eater of Worlds seems to have been dropped off the list, i tried to add it back but it wouldn't let me, so if anyone can add it back :) —Preceding unsigned comment added by [[User:|]] ([[User talk:|talk]] • contribs)
- Done. Also please contact an Admin about that issue. --18.104.22.168 06:58, 26 May 2020 (UTC)
- Done. --22.214.171.124 06:58, 26 May 2020 (UTC)
Also, please look at the talk page and ask yourselves: "Does it look right when I add my questions to he top without any signature or visible line breaks?" (There's a "show preview" button.) --126.96.36.199 06:58, 26 May 2020 (UTC)