|Type||Weapon • Crafting material|
|Knockback||2 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||15 Very Fast|
- Throwing Knife
- Not to be confused with the Flying Knife.
Throwing Knives are consumable throwing weapons that can pierce up to two Enemies. They have a 50% chance of being retrievable after use, even after hitting enemies. Throwing Knives can be purchased from the Merchant for 50 each, during a Blood Moon, and may also be found in Chests.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Magic Dagger is a magical version of the Throwing Knife, behaving identically but consuming Mana instead of stacks of the item. It is only available in Hardmode.
- The Merchant will use Throwing Knives to defend himself if needed. However, knives thrown by him will not have any chance to be retrievable once again.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Weapon type changed from Ranged to Throwing.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.